Asni the Harper
Workshops, Lectures and Teaching
The following is a listing of music related workshops, masterclasses, public lectures and other teaching activities, 1993 to 2008.
Regular teaching positions:
Artist Teacher for historical harps, Victoria University Wellington, 2003-present
Harp teacher, Musikseminar Hamburg, 1997-1999
Harp teacher, Studio Oude Muziek Utrecht, 1996-1997
- "Learn to Read and Write Music": Series of six evening classes at Wellington High School Adult Community Education centre. Autumn and spring terms.
- "Learn to Read and Write Music": Series of six evening classes at Wellington High School Adult Community Education centre. Autumn term.
- Koggsmuseet Malmö (Sweden), 14 May: harp workshop, medieval music (beginners)
- Tynska Scola, Prague (Czech Republic), 23 April: Baroque harp seminar
- Edinburgh International Harp Festival (UK), 8 -12 April: Workshop "Music in Middle-earth", week-long courses "Harp and Pop" (intermediate level), "Spanish Baroque" (advanced level)
- In 2005, I was invited to do a lecture-presentation about Spanish baroque harps and their repertory at the World Harp Congress in Dublin (Ireland), but was unable to obtain funding to finance the trip.
- Australian National Harp Weekend, Canberra (Australia), 18 September: Introduction to historical harps
- Victoria University Wellington, Monday Music Forum, 29 March: "Spanish Strictness and Italian Innovation: the continuo treatises by José de Torres and D. Fernandez de Huete" (public lecture)
- New Zealand International Harp Festival, 7-8 February: Workshop "historical harp technique", children's composition workshop
- Michael Fowler Center, Wellington: panelist, Wellington Music Week seminars, 19-20 October (panel discussions about survival in the music industry)
- Hamilton harp camp, 2-3 August: teacher
- University of Auckland, 29 April: lecture-demonstration "Continuo and Improvisation", student workshop "Performance practice"
- Victoria University Wellington, 8 April: harp masterclass
- Victoria University Wellington, 26 March: masterclass on Monteverdi's "Lamento d'Arianna"
- Victoria University Wellington, 25 March: workshop "German pronunciation for singers"
- Christchurch, 15 March: private harp workshop
- University of Canterbury Christchurch, 14 March: workshop "Introduction to Continuo Playing"
- "Amherst Early Music" International Summer School, Boston (USA): Member of faculty. Masterclass continuo playing, historical harp technique, chamber music coaching, German pronunciation coaching for singers
- New York Early Harp Society, New York (USA): masterclass historical harp technique
- Royal Conservatory, Stockholm (Sweden): masterclass continuo